JELLY OF THE MONTH CLUB AND THE YOUTH OF LONG BEACH NEED YOU!
LET’S “ROCK THE VOTE” AND BUILD A BETTER FUTURE.
Civic engagement means working to make a difference in the community. And voter participation is one of the cornerstones of a free country and representative government. Jelly of the Month Club wants you and your student leaders to join us in a “Rock the Vote” campaign leading up to the November 6th election.
1. Jelly is promoting voter registration efforts and would love to hear from you at https://www.jellyofthemonthclub.com/contact. If you and your student leaders are
involved in a voter registration drive or “get out the vote” campaign please send us videos or pictures of your student leaders helping out. We’d love to re-post and recognize their leadership and participation. Also, please send the name of your student leader to receive one free ticket and be honored at our upcoming show. If you want to participate in a voter registration drive send us a message and we’ll do our best to find one.
2. We are also promoting A PROMISE IS A PROMISE! We ask you all to encourage your kids to ask their parents, grandparents, neighbors and teachers to make a promise – to go out and VOTE! Making this simple commitment to a loved one sends a powerful message that they care and are willing to make a difference.
3. Finally, on Sunday November 4, come join us at the Gaslamp in Long Beach for a “Jelly Rocks the Vote Celebration” and take advantage of this ridiculously fun and entertaining way to empower the next generations with the knowledge that our government is one “of the people, by the people and for the people.” Let the universal language of music unite us all while exercising our inalienable rights. This all ages matinee show will be jam packed with great tunes, good vibes and good times and a few special guests, so grab your kids, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, neighbors and bring ‘em on down to get down with Jelly of the Month Club and secure your future!
LET’S ALL MAKE A PROMISE TO ROCK THE VOTE!
NOVEMBER 4, 2018
DOORS open 3:30PM
Gaslamp Long Beach, Ca. 90814
Looking for Program Directory Award applications? Find them HERE within the President’s Palette, Awards and Grants.
Or, linked HERE:
- Legislative Conference – Thursday October 4, 6:00-8:30pm at The Lakes in El Segundo, CA.
- Fall Association Meeting and Training – Saturday, October 6, 9:00am-2:00pm at South Bay Adult School in Redondo Beach, CA.
- Presidents and Administrators Conference – Thursday, November 15. No flyer or reservation form is available from Thirty-Third District at this time, we will e-mail the form as soon as it becomes available.
Welcome back school PTA Leaders!
Ready for our monthly meeting, September 11th?
Check out the Monthly Checklist!
(Where you can find all your linked resources)
Hello Council Reflections Chairs,
Welcome back and thank you for volunteering with this year’s Reflections ART program!
Please Don’t hesitate to send any questions that you may have. Lisa Snowiss is our new California State PTA Reflections Chair. She has updated everything on https://capta.org/pta-leaders/programs/reflections/.
Here are some very important dates:
Friday October 12, 2018 (Suggested) – Student entries due to Units.
Friday November 2, 2018 (Suggested)- Due date to Council (First Place).
Saturday October 6, 2018 – Thirty- Third District PTA Fall Association Meeting and Officers Training Workshops. (Please sign up and join us for the Reflections Workshop as we will go over the details regarding submissions, judging and preparing entries for submitting to Thirty-Third District. )
Monday December 3, 2018 – Due date to Thirty-Third District (First Place) to the Lakewood office.
Sunday March 3, 2019 – Thirty-Third District PTA Reflections Celebration, Hawthorne Memorial Center. (Please volunteer to help us set-up art before, help during or break-down after the ceremony.)